Ermes Cyber Security S.R.L. is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Ermes Cyber Security collects, uses and keeps information in compliance with the the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, from 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the Act) and all relevant regulations. For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is Ermes Cyber Security S.R.L.
Information Ermes Cyber Security may collect from you
Ermes Cyber Security may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, providing details by registration or other means (e.g., giving business cards) at a marketing event, or when setting up administrator accounts in our product or services.
- Information you provide us including inquiries and/or feedback.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and web browser used.
- Ermes Cyber Security may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, Ermes Cyber Security may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Ermes Cyber Security may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files that websites save to your computer. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example: (i) remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page; (ii) remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it.
Session cookies allow us to track your actions during a single browser session, for example to remember the items returned from a search. They do not remain on your device beyond your session.
Persistent cookies remain on your device between sessions and allow us to authenticate you and to remember your preferences.
Session and persistent cookies on our site can be first-party only — a first-party cookie is set by the website being visited. We do not use any third-party cookie issued by a different web service on our site.
All our cookies fall within the ICC classifications Strictly Necessary, Functionality and Performance and none within the classification Behavioral Targeting.
If at any time you wish to disable our cookies you may do so through the settings on your browser, but if you do so you will not be able to use certain important features of our service.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage them, visit AboutCookies.org.
If you are making a job application or inquiry, you may provide us with a copy of your CV or other relevant information. We may use this information for the purpose of considering your application or inquiry. Except when you explicitly request otherwise, we may keep this information on file for future reference.
Providing products and services
If you ask for information about our products or services, we may use your personal data for purposes which include but are not limited to:
- verifying your credentials,
- carrying out end user compliance checks for export control purposes,
- issuing virus information alerts and other alert messages,
- providing training sessions for which you have registered,
- providing maintenance and technical support,
- providing information about product upgrades, updates and renewals,
- generating logs, statistics and reports on service usage, service performance and malware infection,
- developing and enhancing products, services, and our infrastructure,
- processing orders and generating billing information.
Certain products and services may include features that collect additional personal data for other purposes, as described in the applicable customer agreement. For detailed information, please also refer to the applicable product or service description.
Where your personal data is stored
Your personal data is securely stored by Ermes Cyber Security on servers located in Europe. Ermes Cyber Security has set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your data.
Transferring personal data
When you give us personal data, that data may be used, processed or stored in our infrastructures only, and not in countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Ermes Cyber Security places substantial importance on protecting the confidentiality of personal information and seeks the cooperation of all its suppliers in furthering this goal. Ermes Cyber Security will only transfer personal information to a supplier where the supplier has provided assurances that they will provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by this Policy. Where Ermes Cyber Security has knowledge that a supplier is using or sharing personal information in a way that is contrary to this policy, Ermes Cyber Security will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such processing.
Ermes Cyber Security endeavors to hold all personal data securely in accordance with our internal security procedures and applicable law. We update and test our security on an ongoing basis. Ermes Cyber Security will do its best to protect your personal data, but Ermes Cyber Security cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site through the internet; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once Ermes Cyber Security have received your information, Ermes Cyber Security will maintain appropriate administrative, physical, technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data accessed or processed by Ermes Cyber Security against unauthorized or unlawful processing or accidental loss, destruction, damage or disclosure.
Uses of the information
In addition to the above, Ermes Cyber Security use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which Ermes Cyber Security feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our products or service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
If you are an existing customer, Ermes Cyber Security will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you receive an email which claims to come from us but does not use our domain, or if you are suspicious that an email may not be approved by us, then please send a copy of the email to email@example.com so we can investigate. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which Ermes Cyber Security collects your data. We will not sell or rent your data to third parties or share your data with third parties for marketing purposes. We may use third party software to send you information for marketing purposes, but such third parties will not have access to or be able to read your personal information.
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Ermes Cyber Security do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Disclosure of your information
Ermes Cyber Security may disclose your personal information to some member of our team.
In the event that Ermes Cyber Security sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Ermes Cyber Security may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Ermes Cyber Security S.R.L. or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its subscribers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org:
- information about how your personal data is processed;
- a copy of your personal data;
- an immediate correction to your personal data.
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed;
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it;
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances;
- opt out of the use of your personal data for any purposes or a specific purpose such as the Ermes Cyber Security Customer Portal.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Changes to our Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Ermes Cyber Security reserves the right to amend this Privacy and Data Protection Policy at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Privacy and Data Protection Policy at this Site. You should check our Site to see the current Privacy and Data Protection Policy that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
This policy was last amended on 17 May 2018.
Questions or concerns